Monday, November 14, 2005

Mariposas Monarca

Hi!
Today I am going to talk about Monarch butterflies.
Monarch butterflies live in Canada in the summer. As Canada is near the North Pole, it’s very cold & it snows heavily in winter. To protect themselves from severe winter they migrate to Mexico. They start their journey from Canada in August & reach Mexico in November. They travel nearly 5000 kilometers. They stay in the forests of Morelia, Michoacan & in the state of Mexico. Here they find all the things they need. They sleep most of the time. In February they wake up & start to reproduce. In spring (March-April) they start returning to Canada.
In Mexico people tour to the forests to see mariposas Monarca & their beauty. During tours we should not contaminate the forests because it will damage the living of mariposas. I have been to that place. But when I went to Morelia with the family of señora Clara (our house owner), señorita Karina (our friend, a native of Morelia) & her family, it wasn’t the season. So I couldn’t see them. But I have seen them pass through my city during their migration. If I go now to Michoacan, I can see many Monarch butterflies.
Mariposas Monarca son un orgullo mexicano! (Monarch butterflies are Mexicans pride!)

Note: Appa helped me in linking a web page on monarch butterflies & with the photo, which includes my drawing of a monarch butterfly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hola, yo soy de morelia y eh ido varias veces a ver a las mariposas monarcas y dejame decirte que tu dibujo es muy bueno de hecho yo pense que era una foto, me gusto mucho.

Felicidades bye

Anonymous said...

dey kutty, when i saw the foto i thought it was a photograph. only after reading ur description i knew it was a drawing. fantastic. keep it up. oru butterfly scientist got cheated by ur drawing.

Anonymous said...

A:you wrote nice, new information... Nejo Butterfly pola irukku

D: Alaga varanchirukkale!!!!!
You are doing good .. and a nature lover too ! That is very good !